Some more notes on the trellis technique...

Two plants "trellised"


Greetings kids, Jeff here with a minor grow update. I thought I would toss some pics up going into better detail on the trellis upgrades. What you see above are two plants, one pretty mature for a vegged plant (had been a mother plant, explains the goofy growth pattern; if you had kids this way you would look goofy too), a CB Diesel (20:1 CBD:THC profile) and the smaller brighter green thing on the left is either a Gorilla Glue #4, Tahoe Cure, or White Widow. I am thinking Tahoe Cure due to leaf shape but could be any of the three, though WW phenos look way different to my eyes. Doesn't matter; its all THC (except for the two remaining CB Diesels, one against the wall and the other almost out of frame lower-left).

Now normally you would trellis your plants to get more product from them but right now I am trellising these for a different reason entirely: I am throwing my normally veg tent to flower and if some of these got heavily budded they would snap from the weight. To prevent that I am trellising the longer more at-risk plants. This means I built a frame from scraps of PVC I had laying about, then stretched chicken-wire across them and tied them down with thousand tie-wraps.

Then I secured the trellis to the back wall of the grow tent so it could swing out like a hinge on the bottom. Next I backed my at-risk plants to it and carefully and loosely zip tie the main branches to the chicken wire, spreading them out so they all get great light and air. I have done this before with a more dedicated rig and it worked great. 

The pic above shows (with grow lights...meh) how the two plants look spread out on the trellis in the tent. This also has the benefit of shrinking the area blooming plants need by the lot, so where the tent was crowded before, now its very comfortable....

More floor space is a good thing

As a very rough comparison, here is a screen grab from a video I took just prior to adding the trellis to veg....
If put to flower as-is it would make for a very full house by about week 6

And if this helps anyone, here are a few more shots with no grow-lights, only flash...not sure if they are better or not but maybe you will see something....



I will keep up shots showing how this develops over the next 8 weeks or so...

Until then, KTFB
Jeff





Comments

Popular Posts