The end of operation: constant clarity, so far seems to be a success.


Well, its been a long-assed road kids but we are finally here, the moment of truth. As of today, the 18:1 RSO has officially been made! Woowoo! This morning I started with this:
20:1 High CBD flower, all buds, no trim

And three hours later I had this:

Actually I had more than this but I am trying to hit a specific target with no laboratory to check results. Thus I three batches of RSO:
Batch 1: Standard high THC RSO for pain, sleep, appetite. Flower(s): White Widow and Tahoe Cure.
Batch 2. 20:1 high CBD from lab-tested to produce 20% CBD and 1% THC in the flower.  Straight extraction of CB Diesel. In all likelihood this will be the target med.
Batch 3: In case Batch 2 didn't have quite enough THC (its very low) this Batch is basically Batch 2 boosted with a little of the stuff from Batch 1. 

Batch one will be used for day to day pain, appetite encouragement, sleep at end of day. Batch two will be the test batch to treat dementia and Parkinsons symptoms and Batch 3 will be used if Batch 2 proves ineffective.  

Actual human trials begin tomorrow when I am fresh, although I have some store-bought 18:1 oil in a pen cart that I can use to compare with the 18:1 RSO when dabbed through a glass straw. 

Making the RSO itself was better this time around, fewer mistakes made and I can see we are learning each time we do this, it gets a little easier, quicker, more efficient.  Today was concentrated on making two small batches using about 2 ounces of each type (THC and CBD). Each was placed in a plastic mixing bowl, covered with 99% alcohol and then beaten with a wooden spoon for up to 15 minutes. Be sure to break everything up.


I then took this and strained it through a 25 micron bubble hash bag into a bucket, returning the plant material to first bowl for a second wash. 

Once all the buds were beaten well in alcohol and drained, the plant material was discarded. 

I set up a purging area in the back patio with two small rice cookers and a fan. I put the THC/alcohol mixture into one and the CBD/alcohol mixture into the other, put on the lids and set them to cook. 
Add caption


Once cooked down we disconnected them to allow for a little cooling, not a lot and then used these lab grade glass syringes I got off Amazon some time ago to get all the RSO sucked up from the hot pan into the glass syringe. After letting them to cool more we filled gelcaps and stored them in the freezer for future dispensation....

This brings the project to a close and aside from testing, it has been a smashing success. I will update this as testing is completed but just getting it this far was a major undertaking when your brain is rotting from the inside. 

Here is a quickie video we cranked out showing the high points of the process...


I am pleased...

Jeff



Comments

Popular Posts